Saturday 29 August 2015

How do you prepare for every eventuality in Africa!  Sitting in the bar in Lagares, Paul and Shelley's friend Rick asked if  I fancied joining him for lunch today.  'Where are you thinking of going?' I asked. ' A little restaurant in Chaves' he suggests - 'it's very nice!', 'I know that place' I say.  - 'It's about 150 miles due North of here.  How does that work!!'.  Rick has recently flown his Europa plane over from the U.K. and has invited me out for the day.  Travelling just under 1/3 of   Portugal in an hour, we set off in a light aircraft, to find this wonderful restaurant in North Portugal.  Allowing me to fly the plane on the way back, you never know when you might need some flying skill in Zimbabwe or Tanzania!!!

Yes the plane looks like Gromit - Love this plane!

The Douro river

Will he get that this is not the runway!

Flight lieutenant Rick planning the home journey!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment